Monday, June 11, 2007

Wasabi Peas


I know wasabi only as a typical seasoning in a Japanese food. I love to have a tiny weeny bit of it when we go Japanese.

But I discovered a fresher type of wasabi when I last visited the Asia Shop near us -- the Khao Shong Wasabi, the coated green peas. I immediately brought one small barrel, hoping I would love the taste. I love peas, I love a little bit of wasabi, therefore, I would love Khao Shong Wasabi.

When we got home, I decided to tease my palate a little. Nope, I didnt open it up. I let it sit in our cupboard for a few more days. Once a day, visiting the cupboard and checking if the barrel is still there. When I finally opened it, wow, the smell - a bit tangy and a bit too strong for the nose. But the peas were crunchy and spicy enough for my taste. Of course, you cannot munch on it like chips. Or else, you'll be like those tv ads wherein you'll get smoke seeping out of your ears, mouth and nose, hahaha! Though sometimes, I feel like that, too.

I allow the kids one to taste, which they immediately spitted out. I still have the barrel of wasabi peas with me, I am savoring them, day by day!

Allergy information: Manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts. May contain shell pieces and other tree nuts.

No comments: