Monday, June 25, 2007

Electric Fan


I didnt imagine I would be seeing electric fans whirling around me here. But since the heat wave that hit Europe in the last three years, the electric fans are now a common sight in most houses.

Did you know that during that first heat wave, electric fans were so much in demand that there was a long waiting time in all of the stores that carries them?

Out of stock! And if there's a supply coming in, you need to be in the store before they opened or else, electric fans would be snapped up in a few seconds. Hysteria or what?

We only got a small electric fan during that heat wave. My husband had to fight with another man for it, too. Because it was the last one on stock and the next delivery would not come for another week -- even the store managers were not so sure if there would be fresh supplies coming. (It was actually the last electric fan to be delivered to that store, too)

I really cheered when I received the news that we got one, an electric fan! Whew, am with the hysteria apparently. Well, if you knew how the heat wave attacked that year, you would understand. Especially since I have a small kid and a baby!

This summer, we have with us three small electric fans. Not just to beat the heat, but to scare the bugs away. Now we can sleep with our windows open, thanks to the electric fans!

No comments: