Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Marshmallows


A few weeks ago, it was American Day at the nearest discount store here.

A week before that, I already got their brochure about the American goodies and already marked what I wanted.

And the number one on my list -- marshmallows. Come on, it is summer time. Therefore, barbecue time. Therefore, marshmallows time.

I am addicted to mallows since I was a little kid. I love this soft, sticky, icky mallows. But here in Germany, you dont find it anywhere. In fact, I discovered it only a few years back. During that time, it was grill party for the kindergarten. I brought one big pack to the woods. My husband and some kids gathered some branches to use as sticks and proceeded to toast the mallows in front of the open fire.

The mallows were a hit. What I didnt realize was that, for most kids, it was their first time to taste mallows. Toasted mallows. Maybe, an American tradition of grill may soon be a German tradition of grill.

No comments: