Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ice Cream



Photos: 1- the Langnese Factory in Heppenheim 2 - the boxes of ice cream, frozen food and more ice products

Finally, we did go! Last night, I realized that tomorrow would be a good time to visit the Langnese Factory Outlet located a few minutes from our place. My husband agreed. It would have been faster if I checked the special offers in their website, but I completely forgot.

In the morning, after the chaos of getting the kids ready for kindergarten, there was simply not enough time. We drove to the factory without any idea what we wanted to buy. Oh, but having no idea what to buy did not really limit our options. We did buy, or hoarded might be the better word.

Langnese is well known for their ice cream products, but they have also diversified into frozen products, milk products and even frozen baked products. I lingered on the ice cream products and fought with my husband on getting more chocos or more vanilla flavored ice cream -- who won? One to one, we decided to get two boxes - one choco and one vanilla.

Then took a bag of salami baguette, two boxes of frozen classic burger, a few boxes of frozen spinach with cream sauce, more boxes of frozen spinach with gorgonzola sauce, one big big box of assorted ice sticks or popsicles, 6 cans of assorted ice cream, more boxes of ice cream sticks and more and more ice cream sticks. It never seemed to end. I just had to have them, the Bart Simpsons sticks, the Sponge Bob sticks, the Strawberry Sticks, etc. I am thinking, 'the kids would love that.' And their mom, too :-)

Our freezer were full to the brim. I had to eat one or two popsicles so that I could close it, really! Ok, I ate more than two, haha!

No comments: