Saturday, June 16, 2007

Chocolate Crinkles


A family favorite - chocolate crinkles.

I bake it almost every month, although it is not so easy do to during summer as the dough gets too sticky despite being left in the ref overnight. In summer, I ended up with more dough on my hands than on the cookie tray.

Anyway, chocolate crinkles is an American cookie. Despite the abundance of bakeries in every corner here, I have never found one. You can sometimes get lucky and find muffins and doughnuts, but no crinkles.

I am a choco crinkles lover. But I have never baked one, back home. You can buy them almost everywhere, right?

Rediscovering the yummy chocolatey crinkles during a trip back home in 2004 tweaked my cravings for them again. I found them in goodie boxes, homemade, during a Christmas bazaar at the Makati Sports Club. They were freshly baked, yum!

Fortunately, a close friend emailed me the recipe. And I havent stopped baking since then. I have baked them for the kids' birthdays, for bake and sell charities, as snacks, as early morning breakfasts, as Christmas gifts. And it is a hit! I have already copied the recipe for other moms more than a dozen times.

Now, we are conquering Deutschland via choco crinkles.

No comments: